AI Powered Facial Recognition & Photos Clustering (like Google Photos) for your Frappe sites.
Clone the repo and run
docker compose up in the demo folder to spin up a demo instance :)
You may follow these steps to try out Photos:
- Login to Desk
- Upload a new Image file
- Navigate to the latest Photo Document
- Scroll down to see the human faces detected
- Click on each face to show label & more information
- If label is not set for a given ROI, add it
Photos gets better the more images you store and the more people you label. It may make a few mistakes guessing the names of the people, but it gets better with more data!
Installation is pretty straightforward IF you’re accustomed to Frappe Apps:
bench get-app https://github.com/gavindsouza/photos
bench --site photos-site install-app photos
If you don’t know that and still want to try it out, here’s the Frappe documentation for the same - https://frappeframework.com/docs/v14/user/en/installation.
This project consists of:
- Photos: A Frappe App that contains the backend logic & Admin views
- Gallery: A Vue 3 App that contains the tailored gallery UI [WIP]
The initial inspiration for this project was to be an
Open Source Alternative to Google Photos. However, I’ve only been able to make a week’s time for this in 2 years. If you’re seriously looking for an open source alternative to Google Photos, I’d recommend https://photoprism.app/ which is everyting I wanted to build when I thought of doing this back in 2018 ^_^